Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Frequently brilliant, squirm-inducingly funny

Today, my favorite person of the moment, GL, sent me Margot at the Wedding in the mail. It was written and directed by Noah Baumbach (a GENUIS) and it's starring Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Jack Black. We watched it once with Jared, Jessie, and Nathan way back at the beginning of the summer (when we were hanging out with our rockstars before they all left for touring and promotion and whatnot). I remember us all drinking tequila and every time someone laughed, Jared would say:

"The laughs come fast and furioius and they're sharp enough to draw blood." Because it's on the cover of the dvd.

Good times.

Inside the package was a letter, and i'm going to share a little of it with you

"Miss Jenn,
I hope this comes as a pleasant surprise, and I hope it reminds you of all the fun we had this summer. I also hope it gets you ready for all the fun that is to come! I'm going to send you a copy of every Noah Baumbach film ever. The Squid and the Whale is next, and it's already on its way. One day, I think you'll probably end up working with Baumbach, because you seem like one of his characters, already."

Oh, I wish, I wish, I wish!

Speaking of, for those of you who know GL, he just moved onto a street called East Serenade in MO.

Also, I'm going to see Spiritualized tonight (7/22) in Nashville at City Hall. can't wait. Adn next week, I'm going to see She and Him featuring Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward at Mercy Lounge. I'm so excited, my head could explode (sorry to whoever is going to have to clean that mess up).

INOTHERNEWS:
Last night, thanks to the randomness of facebook messenger, I had a conversation with someone I hadn't spoken to or seen since the third grade. His name is Jordan, and when we were in school, we were what can affectionately be known as "partners-in-crime." He makes music in the band Left Handed Promise, which is pretty good. Give it a listen here.

Also, Jules and I are going to see Kill Hannah in ATL on 8/1, which will be just one of our many adventures in the coming month.

And I"ve got another photoshoot in the works with fancy-pants photographer Shelynn Taylor this week.

Not a moment's rest, but no complaints.

And!!!

a list (why not)?

Things I am currently and enthusiast of:
Fresh vegetables from my garden
This Boy's Life, starring Robert de Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio
The Dark Knight
Painting my face
Finding old friends and chatting with them on internet social networking communities (myspace, facebook, etc)
End.>Vacuum: A Realization in Nine Movements
"The Most Dangerous Commercials" by Circa Survive
This weekend!!
Kill Hannah in ATL
Buying things off the internet, things that I don't need


Things I am currently not so fond of:
The gynecologist, or anything associated with it
My parents talking about boy scouts, homosexuality, or any combination thereof
This unbearable Tennessee heat. The humidity's so thick, you could swim in it.
Having sent off the laptop, which won't be back for what seems like a million years, but will only be week or two
Buying things off the internet, things that I don't need

And one of these days, I'll actually do a proper introduction of myself.

-jenn

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers