Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We Were Here

The lunch break came early today, so I got some time to sit out in the sun and read a book. Also, with the help of Pandora.com I have been appropriately set into a "mood." Blame Pandora, though. Internet radio is the brain-child of an evil genius, I'm sure of it. If I may indulge...



I went outside, noticing the lovely weather and the sudden and unexpected hour of free time that suddenly fell into my lap. I sat by the pool, as it was the most appropriate seeming place to sit on a day like today. I read a little more of James Lipton's Inside Inside which I am finding to be a very helpful tool in darn near every aspect of my life, wouldn'tchaknowit? Instead of trying to be pompous about it, which I was in every right to be, since I had correctly informed everyone that we could go outside, as it was not forecasted to rain today. I chose to enjoy it. Instead of thanking me for a bit of useful information, everyone just looked at me like I was from another planet and went back to the the obsessional behavior patterns we affectionately call 'good work habits." And, just as I predicted, wouldn't you know it...

But, like I said, I'm not going to gloat. It's finally warm enough to go outside in a t-shirt, and it's only getting better! I'm from Colorado. If I wanted to freeze my balls off every time I went outside, I would have stayed there. But Tennessee has unusual weather, most likely a product of a warming globe, just like everywhere else.

A volcano erupted in the sea off the coast of Tonga today, too. And for some reason no one thinks it's strange but me. Keleti Mafi , Tonga's head of Geo services, actually said "...we expect this to happen here at any time..."
The last one was in 2002.

OTHERWISE, things have been steady. We're all ready for Earth Hour and the game of flashlight tag at the Park and, of course, the show! Kitty is unleashing some insane designs and I get to be the form everything is contructed on.

Who had any idea this was a real job?

'Evil Afternoon' Playlist, courtesy of pandora.com

  1. Another Lonely Day by Ben Harper [Fight For Your Mind]
  2. Everything'll Be Alright by Joshua Radin [We Were Here]
  3. Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez [Veneer]
  4. Delicate by Damien Rice [O]
  5. Georgia by The District (self titled)
  6. Hello, I'm in Delaware by City and Colour [Sometimes]
  7. Seaside by The Kooks [Inside In/Inside Out]
  8. To Be Alone with You by Sufjan Stevens [Seven Swans]
  9. For Members Only alternative acoustic version by Northstar [Parachute]
  10. Light Up Ahead acoustic version by Further Seems Forever [Unknown, Vol. II]

And people wonder why I'm moping around like a contortionist in a full body cast.

Cheers,

-jenn

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers