Sunday, June 7, 2009

fragments

Don't judge me for this, because it is what it is.
 
One day, you fall for this boy
and he touches you with his fingers,
and he burns holes in your skin with his mouth. And it hurts when you look at him,
and it hurts when you don't.
And it feels like someone's cut you open
with a jagged piece of glass.
 
it's like jumping headfirst into a river.
If it's shallow, you get hurt--you end up paralyzed from the neck down.
But, if it's deep...
It's like those carnival games. Some are really easy to win and some are really hard. It's the difference between love and sex. Sex is that game that everyone wins-- everyone goes home happy with that little prize. Love is like winning that game of skill. You get the gigantic stuffed gorilla, and it's so much better than that cheap plastic keychain.
 
I'm relying on Netflix, a good bottle of wine, and my parents' house in the country to keep me from totally losing my mind. I'm going to be working on some photos with Micah tomorrow morning. Eeeaaarly. I'll let you know more as soon as I know more. And in other, nonrelated news:

Posted via email from Her Life On Display

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers