Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Cut Like a Buffalo

Music:
If you haven't been listening to The Dead Weather, you're missing out. For those of you who don't already know, it's a super-group formed here in Nashville this year. Why a super-group, you ask? Because the members of the band are Alison Mosshart (The Kills, Discount), Jack White (The White Stripes, The Raconteurs), Dean Fertita (Queens of the Stone Age) and Jack Lawrence (The White Stripes, The Greenhornes).

Their album Horehound was released last month on Jack White's label Third Man Records.


I'm into the entire album, but I especially can't get enough of the songs 'Are Friends Electric,' 'Treat Me Like Your Mother,' and my personal favorite, 'I Cut Like a Buffalo.'

I got to see the band a few days ago in Nashville at the War Memorial and they blew me away.
I love rock and roll.

Fashion:
I've been working my ass off for the last two weeks. The fine folks at Legacy Apparel are in the beginning stages of the formation of a fashion collective in Nashville. Since I'm currently under their employ and they're in LA, I'm left with the reigns and only a very vague clue what I'm supposed to be doing.
*special hello to Carter Donovan and Sascha Morello - Legacy Apparel design team
Callen Kane - Legacy Model Manspiration (lol)
Micah Willis and Gavin Trump- Legacy Photographers
have fun in LA, wish I were there.

Also, I've done quite a few photoshoots in the last few days. Yesterday (8/3) I did a shoot with Tyler Spears of Spears Photography. It was really great. We got some incredible shots and had a wonderful time working with some wonderful people who I am excited to be able to call my friends.



Photography: Tyler Spears/Models: Jenn Blake + Abby Christy/MUA: Katrina Smith

The day before yesterday (8/2) I had a studio shoot in Nashville with Jon Warren of Jon Warren Photography. I styled myself, so let me know what you think.


these 3 haven't had any editing of any kind yet, in case you were wondering.


More to come. For now, lunch.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Legacy Apparel said...

Your photos look great! We miss you and we wish you were here, too! We'll be back in time for your birthday.

We're so mad we missed The Dead Weather. I'm glad it was awesome!


sascha + carter

Legacy

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers