Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BORROWED TIME.

WE'VE ALL DONE IT. WE'VE BORROWED SOMETHING FROM ONE OF OUR FRIENDS AND HAVEN'T THOUGHT TO RETURN IT. EVENTUALLY, IT SORT OF JUST TRANSFERS OWNERSHIP, IN A WAY. THEY STOP ASKING, WE STOP THINKING ABOUT IT-- THEN, ONE DAY WE ABSENTMINDEDLY WEAR IT TO A PARTY AND THE FRIEND WE BORROWED IT FROM HAS TO SEE THE PICTURES ON FACEBOOK THE NEXT DAY.

IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL. IT'S JUST STUFF, BUT WHEN YOU'RE THE ORIGINAL OWNER, ALL THOSE FEELINGS CAN COME RUSHING BACK TO YOU IN A FLOOD WHEN YOU SEE YOUR ITEM, DISPLAYED PROUDLY IN A PHOTO, AT A PARTY FULL OF PEOPLE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. ALL OF A SUDDEN, YOU REMEMBER WHY EXACTLY IT WAS THAT YOU BOUGHT THE ITEM IN THE FIRST PLACE AND YOU BEGIN TO MISS IT. YOU START TO EXPERIENCE THAT HORRIBLE, LONELY EMPTY FEELING YOU HAD BEFORE YOU SPOTTED SAID ITEM ON THE DISPLAY, WHEN IT CHANGED YOUR LIFE. YOU KNOW THAT THE ONLY WAY TO SATIATE THAT FEELING OF EMPTINESS IS TO RECREATE THAT MOMENT AND GET YOUR SHIT BACK.

YOU START TO THINK OF ALL THE WAYS YOU COULD WEAR IT. YOU THINK OF ALL THE CUTE THINGS YOU CAN PAIR IT WITH FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON. YOU ENVISION ALL THE DIFFERENT WAYS IT CAN BE WORN TO ALL SORTS OF EVENTS, OCCASIONS, AND FUNCTIONS. YOU MIGHT EVEN START PLANNING OUTFITS AROUND IT.

IT IS REASONABLE TO EXPECT THAT PEOPLE WILL RETURN THE THINGS THEY BORROW FROM YOU. SOMETIMES, IT TAKES A WHILE, BUT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TRY TO GIVE THINGS BACK TO THE PEOPLE THEY BELONG TO, IF YOU CAN HELP IT.

CONSIDER IT GOOD KARMA EARNED.
YES, I ADMIT THAT I AM INCREDIBLY CHIC AND STYLISH AND THAT I HAVE A LOT OF COOL AND INTERESTING CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES, BUT I AM NOT A VENDOR, AND I AM NOT A FASHION CHARITY. AND ALTHOUGH I MAY HAVE VOLUNTEERED TO STYLE YOU FOR THAT PARTY OR THAT SHOOT OR THAT JOB INTERVIEW, I STILL EXPECT TO GET MY GOODS BACK IN AT LEAST THE SAME CONDITION THEY WERE IN WHEN I LEFT THEM TO YOU.

I THOUGHT OF THIS TODAY, RANDOMLY LOOKING THROUGH FACEBOOK WHEN I SAW MY BF'S SISTER (AND FRIEND OF MINE) WEARING A SCARF I BOUGHT FROM FOREVER 21 YHAT I LET HER BORROW BACK IN THE SPRING. NATURALLY, I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT IT TOO MANY TIMES OVER THE SUMMER, BECAUSE IT WAS SUMMER AND I DIDN'T HAVE MANY USES FOR SCARVES IN THE TENNESSEE HEAT, BUT NOW THAT THE FALL IS UPON US, I REALLY FEEL LIKE I NEED SOMETHING ROYAL PURPLE TO DRAPE ACROSS MY SHOULDERS.

*I BLACKED OUT HER EYES BECAUSE I AM NOT CALLING HER OUT AND I AM NOT IMPLYING THAT SHE IS A STEALER OF PEOPLE'S THINGS, ONLY THAT THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF SOMETHING OF MINE BEING WORN BY SOMEONE WHO IS NOT ME THAT I WOULD LIKE TO WEAR AGAIN ONE DAY IN THE FUTURE.  IN FACT, I LOHE HER. SHE IS A SWEET, BEAUTIFUL GIRL WHO LIKES TO HAVE FUN, WHICH I CAN APPRECIATE AND HAS A TON OF STUFF IN HER WARDROBE I'D LOVE TO BORROW, TOO.

UNRELATED TO THAT, I HAVE ALMOST DECIDED ON MY FIRST TATTOO. IT'S GOING TO BE ON MY FOOT, BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I HEAR IT'S EXCRUCIATING, I WANT TO PUT IT SOMEWHERE I'M NOT GOING TO BE FROWNED AT BY A DESIGNER FOR HAVING.  IT'S GOING TO BE A VARIATION OF SOME SORT OF EITHER THE PHRASE "TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN"/"THIS TOO SHALL PASS" OR "OM MANI PADME HUM (HAIL TO THE JEWEL IN THE LOTUS)" THEY BOTH SEEM LIKE A PRETTY GOOD IDEAS AND WHEN I DECIDE, I'M GOING TO HAVE A GOOD TIME DESIGNING THE FINAL PRODUCT WITH BRANDON (WHO IS QUITE SKILLED WITH THESE KINDS OF THINGS).

TOMORROW, A THEMED SHOOT WITH KAYELLESS. IT ISN'T A FASHION SHOOT, BUT I'M SURE THE FASHION INFLUENCES OF MY POSES WILL BE EVIDENT. A GREAT FRIEND OF MINE, JORDAN CAMPBELL WILL BE THE MUA. SHE'S THE BEE'S KNEES, SO YOU KNOW.

THIS IS A PHOTO OF ME (IF YOU NOTICE, I'M WEARING A GREEN SCARF WHICH EXACTLY MATCHES THE PURPLE SCARF FROM BEFORE, BECAUSE I BOUGHT THEM AT THE SAME TIME) WITH  JORDAN. I LOVE THIS GIRL!

SO, IF YOU'RE INTERESTED-- AFTER THE SHOOT, I'M HOPING FOR MARGARITAS AT LA SIESTA ON GREENLAND AND IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME ONE, I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU NO.

I LOVE YOU. STAY IN SCHOOL.
jenn

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers