Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'M BOY CRAZY

FIRST.) I HAD A GO-SEE THIS AFTERNOON. FOR THE FIVE OF YOU OUT THERE WHO HAVEN’T BEEN ON ONE OR HAVE NEVER WATCHED TOP MODEL, A GO-SEE IS A MODEL’S JOB INTERVIEW. IT’S WHERE WE GO TO MEET WITH THE CASTING DIRECTORS, DESIGNERS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, etc WHO MAY WANT TO BOOK US FOR JOBS. JOBS MEAN MONEY, WORK MEANS YOU’RE THAT MUCH MORE EASILY RECOGNIZED, BEING MORE EASILY RECOGNIZED MEANS THE RIGHT PERSON HAS A BETTER CHANCE TO SEE YOU AND FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR LOOK (OR YOUR POTENTIAL) AND THEN THEY KEEP GIVING YOU JOBS (or they give you a really big job, then it’s pretty much smooth sailing as long as you keep killing it in front of the camera). IT’S A VERY CYCLICAL KIND OF BUSINESS, FASHION. proof of that might be the girl I saw at lunch at The Arcade that was wearing a hot-pink unitard straight out of 1982.
IT (THE GO-SEE) WAS FOR MONIQUE LHUILLIER. and I died just a little bit. SO, NOW I JUST HAVE TO SIT AND WAIT FOR THE CALL THAT MAY OR MAY NOT COME. HELLOOOO, ANXIETY.
Monique Lhuillier

I’m scared that I might be a little short for the samples, which either means I need to get some practice walking in show heels all the time or I need to grow an inch. I’m 5’9” but it would be a whole lot easier to book jobs if I had another inch or two. Since I’m pretty sure I’m not growing any taller, I guess it’s a go on the heels…not that I’m complaining, because that just means I get to go shopping. But typically, as you may know, I am not really the “heels” sort of lady. The men in my life aren’t tall enough.

PLUS, I GOT MEASURED AGAIN, FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A WEEK, WHICH ISN’T ANY EASIER THE SECOND TIME, ALTHOUGH YOU WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE. 34-26-36, SAME AS LAST THURSDAY, AS I SUPPOSED I COULD HAVE GUESSED, BUT I STILL FREAKED OUT (SILENTLY, OF COURSE) WHEN SHE ASKED IF I MINDED.

SECOND.) I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE BLOG. MY OLD FAVORITE BLOG WAS MY OWN, BUT I’M TRYING TO DIAL DOWN THE NARCISISM AS I GET OLDER AND WISER.

http://www.imboycrazy.com/

IT’S WRITTEN BY MODEL, ACTRESS, BLOGGER, and most importantly, fb friend of mine, TOTAL BABE, ALEXI WASSER (NAOMI FROM “DIRT” IF YOU DON’T ALREADY KNOW) AND IT’S WIDLY ENTERTAINING AND REFRESHINGLY REAL. SHE’S BOY CRAZY, LIKE SO MANY OF US OUT THERE. SHE’LL ALSO BREAK UP WITH YOUR BOY/GIRLFRIEND FOR YOU. NOT TO MENTION, SHE INTERVIEWS SEXY CALIFORNIA BOYS AND ASKS THEM QUESTIONS EVERY GIRL WANTS TO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO. You can’t lose, so check it out. OH, AND BOYS—MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT, TOO. YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.
Alexi Wasser, photo by Brett Bailey—check outski more of his photos HERE, unless you’re a fool. Hipsters, rejoice!

THIRD.) I GOT AN EMAIL FROM THE CASTING AGENCY FOR MODELS OF THE RUNWAY (THE SHOW ABOUT THE MODELS FROM PROJECT RUNWAY) TELLING ME I MIGHT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES AND THAT I SHOULD SUBMIT MYSELF FOR CONSIDERATION. GREAT OPPORTUNITY, RIGHT? YES, IT WOULD BE, BUT THEIR METHOD OF CASTING REFUSES TO ACCEPT ANY OF MY INFORMATION AS VALID, THEREFORE I CANNOT SUBMIT MYSELF FOR SAID CONSIDERATION. BUT THEY ALSO ASKED TO BE MY FRIEND ON MYSPACE, SO MAYBE SOMETHING MAGICAL WILL HAPPEN.


2 comments:

alexi said...

thank you soo much! xoxoo
let's trade links!

jenn said...

I'm in!
xoxoxoxo

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers