Thursday, September 24, 2009

it's better to conceal than to have to fake or go without

I'm taking the week off to collect my thoughts and reorganize my life in preparation for the Fall. I know, it's already Thursday and the week is nearly over, but I'm too busy to take off a proper week, so if I give myself tomorrow and at least the first half of Friday to organize and clean, burn some sage, maybe take a long hot bath and go to bed early, then maybe I'll be able to get some real work done without tripping over all the clutter everywhere.

I swear, it's like an episode of Hoarders around here.

I've got two-dozen looks from Legacy that Carter is coming to fit tomorrow. I've got 3 very big-deal vintage pieces from Bien that they're sending someone to fit tomorrow. I'm going to be styled for the new campaign tomorrow. Sascha doesn't want me to keep the lip ring, Carter thinks it's necessary for the mood of the design aesthetic...But, it's better to have and conceal than to not have and have to fake or go without. Just a theory. For the new campaign, I'm being styled by Adam Campiari (owner/head stylist at Dae Salon). He asked me today what I wanted and all I can really think about it curls.

I want lots of crazy curls. I think it's a good idea for Autumn. My hair has been varying degrees of curly throughout my life, but I guess I cut all the curls off one too many times and now I'm being punished for it, because my hair is straight. Boringly straight, as a matter of fact. And very thick.

My best friend is having a baby on Monday, also. It's very exciting, but there's still a lot to do in terms of getting ready for that. She (baby Z) will be the first baby in our immediate social circle, so I'm excited to see how we evolve to adapt to her arrival. It's exciting.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers