Monday, September 7, 2009

our lives move in parallel waves

I have not known many people in my lifetime with whom I have truly connected. There aren't a ton of people out there who I feel really get me, whatever that means. But there are a few, and I love those people in a way that I can't even find the words for. I don't know if those words even exist. One thing I am lucky to say is, even when I can't find the words to express myself, the people, those people, the ones I have so fortunately discovered to be kindred spirits, always know exactly what to say. They always know what I'm thinking, even when I can't sift through my jumbled thoughts on my own. 


I'd like to share with you a poem written by my big sister, a wonderful artist, a beautiful woman and a kindred soul.

Dear Darling, 
If you ever have to leave me again, I ask but one thing...Leave me two shirts: one to sleep in and one to inhale.

My devotion:

He is in every thought.
He is in my soul.
He is in my heart.
He is in my bed.
He is in my reach.
He is in my mouth.
He is in my lungs.
He is in my eyes.

Stained, like wine
An imprint to my skin
A mark on my story
A path to waver within

He is my favorite drug
He twists in my veins


This poem speaks to me. It is electric. It comforts me. 
Admittedly, I am biased, because this was written by someone who is near and dear to my heart, but it's more than that, even.

I am in the beginning stages of a theory. Oftentimes, I find that the people's lives move in parallel waves, especially with the people closest and dearest to them.

So, she writes this poem and it embodies her love. Not just hers, though. Mine, as well. This is something I can dig, immensely. Thank you, Sis, for helping me find the words. It's so nice to know that we're not alone out there. I love you!


 
kari and me, cafe coco- nashville.

 In other news, I have a go-see at Monique Lhuillier tomorrow. (you non-fashion types can google her) I just got the call this afternoon. This is very awesome, since Nashville isn't home to many of the bigger (HUGE) fashion designers. You might remember Monique's Symphony Fashion Show, which I was fortunate enough to walk in, but now...I could be a fixture in the land of her designs. Wish me luck?

This has caused me to reschedule my shoot with Kayelless, but he was gracious and understanding and I am thankful for that.  

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers