Sunday, September 27, 2009

s w e e p m e u p

TIME IS RUNNING OUT.
THERE IS ONLY ONE ME, BUT THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE I NEED TO BE
OR MAYBE NOT. I'D DO WELL ON A PLANET ALL BY MYSELF.
BUT THEN, THERE ARE THOSE URGES..
YOU KNOW THE KIND...
MARVIN WASN'T LYING.
THE WORLD BECOMES SUCH A ROMANTIC NOTION WHEN I THINK OF THE ASTEROID HEADED OUR WAY.

I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA THAT I'M WASTING MY TIME WITH THINGS. I DON'T LIKE THINKING THAT ALL THE TIME AND ENERGY I INVEST IN SOMETHING IS GOING TO PROVE TO BE ALL FOR NAUGHT, BUT SOMETIMES-- MOSTLY EARLY IN THE MORNINGS AND LATE AT NIGHT, I THINK MYSELF TO DEATH. TODAY, THOUGH, IT'S COMING MIDDAY. 

I NEED A CHANGE OF SCENERY. I NEED A DIFFERENT PACE. I'M TIRED OF WAITING. I KNOW IT WON'T BE LONG, BUT I NEED IT TO COME SOONER THAN IT'S COMING. THERE ARE DAYS WHEN I WANT TO LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK, NEVER LOOK BACK, BUT I DON'T GET TO BE THAT PERSON. I DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY OF THAT. IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T WANT TO BE THAT PERSON. I BELIEVE IT TAKES A STRONG PERSON TO CUT THEIR LOSSES AND FINALLY TAKE THEIR DESTINITIES INTO THEIR OWN HANDS, BUT SOMETIMES THERE ARE PEOPLE AND CIRCUMSTANCES IN OUR LIVES THAT DON'T ALLOW FOR THAT. I'VE COME TO FIND THAT THOSE PEOPLE ARE THE ONES WHO FEEL LIKE WE OWE THEM SOMETHING. THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO USE THE POWER WE'VE GIVEN THEM AGAINST US. THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO CONTROL AND DECIDE AND LIVE OUR LIVES FOR US. THEY USE THE GUISE OF WISDOM, OF EXPERIENCE, OR "LOVE" TO MAKE US FEEL LIKE WE NEED THEM. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR LIES.IT COMES A LITTLE AT A TIME. IT STARTS WITH SUGGESTION AND BY THE END OF IT ALL, THOSE SUGGESTIONS BECOME MANDATES AND WE ARE STUCK UNDER THE RULE OF SOME TYRANT. WE ARE REDUCED TO CHILDREN. I SAY, FUCK THAT. 

NO MATTER WHAT SOMEONE ELSE TELLS YOU YOU NEED, NO MATTER WHAT SOMEONE ELSE TELLS YOU IS RIGHT FOR YOU, ULTIMATELY, ONLY YOU KNOW FOR SURE. 


IF YOU SPEND YOUR LIFE LETTING OTHER PEOPLE MAKE ALL YOUR DECISIONS FOR YOU, YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES AND REWARDS THAT THOSE OTHER PEOPLE DESERVE. 


DON'T FALL FOR IT. 

ULTIMATELY, THE POWER IS YOURS.

 

PHOTO BY TYLER SPEARS OF SPEARS PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers