Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I like where this is going (part 2)

My Twitter got hacked. For the record, that kind of thing is not cool. No one wants to be confiused for a robot. And no one wants to be "that guy" who fills up everybody's life with whatever nonsense bullshit they hate having to waste their time ignoring. I know the feeling all too well, believe me.

I missed a complete night of sleep this past weekend and my body hasn't caught back up yet. I've got these horrible dark, anemic circles under my eyes and I can't stop yawning, but I can't go to sleep, because there's still so much I've got to do and get done. It was worth it, though. And even if I never catch up and I have to live the rest of my life like this, it was worth it. It was inspiration. It was like magnetic French poetry. C'est vrai.

I got to see my precious little Zoey E., my first ever niece. She's my best friend's one month old daughter and seeing her makes me want to sing songs. It's weird, because I'm not really a kid-person, exactly, but I like this kid a lot.  She's going to be smart and probably very funny. That's my prediction.Her parents are awesome, which helps. I love spending time with them. It's not everyday you can say you've got people in your life who teach you a little something new every day.  Plus, I got to spend time with some of my boys, my faves after the football game-- and you know I love them.

And him. Mmmm. Him ♥ I can't even begin to say it, so I won't...but if I could, you'd be crazy about him, too.

I filmed a commercial which should be airing next week. I don't know when any better than you do, but it will be on either ABC, NBC, CBS or something. If you see it, sweet. If you don't...well, sorry, I guess. If I actually find out when it's going to air, I'll let you know. I'm just as curious as I know you are.

I also got the shooting schedule for the tv show. We're going to be on location for the entire weekend after Thanksgiving starting at 6am Friday morning. It's basically straight through until wrap on Sunday night. Let the good times roll! Hyuk, hyuk, hyuk!

That Saturday, by the way, we will be needing extras. It's your chance to be in a tv show. I'd say it's a pretty rare opportunity for a lot of people. It's in the Nashville area, so if you really are interested, let me know and I'll get you in on the deal as a personal guest of mine (whatever that means). If nothing else, you'll get to enjoy Kraft services and watch us young whippersnappers try to keep up with seasoned professional television actors.

Aiyaiyai.

I'm also getting started on the fashion photobook (which still doesn't have a name!). It's my pet project and it's for a good cause and it makes me feel good to be able to use the very limited set of skills that I do have to benefit someone else in the world. I feel like that's some good karma in the bag, and that's not even the reason I'm doing it (which is most likely more good karma).I'm into the entire idea, fundamentally.

In case you think I'm crazy, I am. But I stick to a very particular set of rules around this time of year. I'm one of those people who is really affected by the change in the weather and seasons and position of the sun. You know the type. Peppy when it's sunny, a total buzzkill when it's gloomy, in a blackened pit of woe when it's storming...okay, maybe not that extreme, but the fall...

The fall sucks the life out of me. It's beautiful and the weather's mostly nice, although it's hard to adjust from the warmth of the summer to the occasional night that chills you to the bones. It's gloominess does something to me, though. So, in order to avoid that, I stay busy. It doesn't allow for me to sit around and eat and watch as my thighs expand to epic proportions. It doesn't allow me to spend too much time inside my own head, whichIi've found to be the fastest place for me to catch cabin fever. It doesn't allow for me to spend too much time feeling sorry for myself for whatever reason. It lasts straight through winter and by the time spring rolls around, we've made it. I just tell myself during this time "There's work to do"

I'm one of those people who needs to have a purpose. I consider myself a very itenerant person. I always want to keep growing and moving forward. I believe in nothing but love and eternal forward momentum.

But you already knew that.

2 comments:

The Lady Nerd said...

Oh I hear you on the weather bit. I find it very hard to accomplish much of anything except to be lazy and sit on my computer when the skies are grey. If it's sunny, on the other hand, I'm practically bouncing off the walls! I think there's something in the gloomy dismal weather that robs us of purpose. I don't know how, but it does. I feel, for no apparent reason, that there's no well...reason to do anything. A bit of an odd thing, isn't it?

I'd be interested in the extra work (I'll have to double check and make sure I'm not working this Saturday). Can you shoot me an email with the details?

The Lady Nerd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers