Tuesday, December 1, 2009

aight den

Tonight was the (RED) party for World AIDS day. I couldn't stay long because I'm still not 100%, but I went for a while. It was fun. There were a lot of fascinating people milling about and there was a good energy all around. Koji pulled some things and brought them over for me to check out. I ended up going with a supermod LBD (little black dress) and red witchpoint flats with red accessories. I have to say, everyone there looked really good. It was kind of a special moment.

I had to come home, though. I'm still on the mend and I don't see any point in making it any worse by overexerting myself. The worst thing is, we've had some really clear nights lately and I sort of impulse bought this telescope, so... but so far, since I've had it, the only times I've felt well enough to get out and use it have been really cloudy nights.

Plus, no matter how clean I actually am, being sick makes me feel really scuzzy. I'm not saying I'm one of those shower every day types, because I'm not...I don't think it's necessary or practical, but that's beside the point. I alway feel gross when something is ailing me. Hella gross.

I've got so much work coming up.I just hope I get better..passable before my next job rolls around. It's been nice to have a week off, but I'm ready to get back to work and I'm booked and booking through the end of the year, so work's kind of flooding in. Aiyaiyai.

Plus, I've missed a week of bootcamp. For those of you who don't know, model bootcamp is a BITCH. it's a ton of hard, hard work because everything's got to be as close to perfect as possible, so they work you in really specific ways on a specific regimen. Imagine missing a whole week of something like that.

fothermucker.

In truth, all I want to do is cuddle on a couch and not worry about it.
But I AM worried about it.
Because my work consumes me.
But it could be worse.


photo by Danny Myers
model: me

2 comments:

The Lady Nerd said...

Who are you doing this 'model bootcamp' with, out of curiousity?

jenn said...

It's with Marka & Abby Kostya. They're a husband-and-wife teamof trainers who contract for Elite, Ford, and IMG.

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers