Tuesday, December 22, 2009

if he doesn't call you, he doesn't want to talk to you.

it's true and I'm sorry. Trust me on this one. I know you have feelings for him and you guys really connected or whatever, but thems the facts. If he isn't calling you, it's because he doesn't want to talk to you.  You can choose to do one of three things with this information, now that you have it. You can A. Call him. It either means you don't care that he doesn't want to talk to you, because you want to talk to him or that you're a psycho in the making, just getting ready to head to his house for a little bit of shrub lurking. B. Don't call him. Sit around and make yourself feel bad because the realization finally hit you that you like him way more than he ever liked you, either that or forget about him altogether. Or C. Text him when you feel like hooking up. Don't get too caught up in the hype, because if he doesn't want you, he's obviously not that smart. So it's not like you're missing out on some gem. I'm not advocating any of these choices, but I'm just laying out the nearly pathological behavior I've noticed in people and their relationships. It's annoying how predictable it all can be sometimes.

But whatever, because I'd rather talk about pictures.

I photographed with Giovann Viori. He is a Tuscan photographer who is currently working on a huuuge photo series that WTF, I'm a part of?!?!?




 

The series is called "The Photographer's Assistant" and it tells a story of this woman (played by several models including our girls Sofia Markolov and Dallas Fite) who apprentices for a photographer and falls in love with the photographer first, then his camera, which eventually consumes her. The concept has a very ethereal feel, which I find to be almost ghostly. It's eerie, but I like it a lot. It's different.


Giovanni is someone I've always known, but never worked with. We partied together back when I was much younger and going to all the hot events here and there. He's Tuscan, so he's got that Italian angle, which he is not afraid to work. But I appreciate a photographer who knows his way around models. Make us comfortable. Make us feel like we're having a good time and it will be easier for us to do what you want us to do to when you're trying to capture that image. You know what I mean/

When I was fresh out of high school, cavorting with the likes of the slightly-older fashion crowd, Giovanni was like the cool, Senior foreign exchange student to my nerdy, awkward Freshman girl. Back in those days, I didn't think there was anyway anyone could ever been as cool as he was. To this day, I don't know if I've met anyone cooler than Gi. Some people have come very close. One or two may even give him a run for his money, but that's it. He's the epitome of Italian charm with the class to match. Gentlemanly in every way.

He sees the world in a very unique way. It's pretty impressive.

 

The whole set was me, sitting at the head of a bed with Christmas lights strung along the wall behind me. There wasn't any extra lighting of any kind, just the click-click of the shutter and whatever random cd (probably The Avett Bros. or The Broken Family Band)  and Gi saying "bella" every now and then.



There are more, but I'm bored posting them. Enjoy. 


2 comments:

Marchel said...

As annoying as it was for you to type, it was probably something that I needed to hear right then, so thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

hi~..................................................

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers