Monday, December 7, 2009

sweet for this one/breakdown

Jessie Baylin is one of my favorite people in the entire world. She is one of the most beautiful and gracious and talented women I have ever had the pleasure to have in my life. She and I have a lot in common in terms of the way we feel about and express things and I am grateful for that. She gets me. It's rare. For instance, her first album 'Firesight' could easily be the soundtrack to my life over the last couple of years. Every song on that album evokes the exact emotions I've had in terms of understanding who I am and adjusting to another person being a big part of that. As my big sis Kari once said so beautifully, it's the transition from 'me' to 'us.' I guess all girls can relate to feeling that particular way in some capacity. It really is a new way of thinking, though. You don't get to be the center of your own universe anymore. You are now responsible for not only your own happiness, but the happiness of the person you love. It's an object lesson in grace, for sure.
Unfortunately, this song isn't on the album. It is on a love collection from Grandma's Warehouse, which rulz, rulz, rulz, though.

Sweet for this One/Breakdown

Would it be so bad to be with me? I‘m the safest chance you have in this city. When this door closes, I’m not opening it again and you can watch me from a distance. Can someone save me from being his baby? Lord, you know I’m sweet for this one and in the night, you know I reach for this one. Making me bad and please don’t turn me to stone. I’m trying to be good now. I am almost to the point of bailing. Sick and tired of all the words he’s not saying. When this door closes, I’m not opening it again and you can watch me from a distance. Can someone save me from being his baby? Lord, you know I’m sweet for this one and in the night, you know I reach for this one. Making me bad and please don’t turn me to stone. I’m trying to be good now. Is it wrong that I want and I’m willing to give and go back to his arms when they’re telling me how he’s good for nothing else. And I try to ignore, when he’s knocking upon my door. Can someone save me from being his baby? Lord, you know how I’m sweet for this one and in the night, you know I reach for this one. Making me bad and please don’t turn me to stone. I’m trying to be good now. Don’t you know that I’m sweet for this one? Make me bad, but please don’t turn me to stone. I’m trying to be good now. It’s alright if you love me, it’s alright if you don’t. I’m not afraid of you running away, honey. I get the feeling you won’t. There’s no sense in pretending. Your eyes give you away. Something inside you is feeling like I do. We’ve said all there is to say. Baby, breakdown—go ahead and give it to me. Breakdown and take me in the night. It’s alright. I’m trying to be good now…


You can listen to it

Sweet For This One/Breakdown - Jessie Baylin
because mama loves you.

Jessie just got married, by the way. To Nathan, the Kings of Leon drummer. Nashville is abuzz with rock and roll romance and I think it's just the tops.

I love love.
It gives me major hope.

I've got a full day shooting with Tony Denning of Alexander Allen/Tony Focus Photography on Wednesday. I've seen his work and the work he did with Renee stopped me in my tracks. I'm really excited about it, because I've been itching to shoot something creative and unique and believe me, I think that's what's in store. I can dig it. On the 17th, I'm shooting with Leland Coleman of Overlook Photography and we're working on some really fun collaborative ideas. We're still working on the photobook and one of these days, Kayelless and I will get to work on the orange wall vintage idea that's haunting me. So, I'm pretty busy, but I would raher be busy than bored. It's just my nature. And I'm still trying to work out dates to shoot with Jim, Studio KGM Inc., Milestone, DFarrell, Bruce Yonce, Josh Kane,  JCurry, and Rodney
Mickle. Booking is a bitch, but I'm bringing my mom on as my business manager. Seriously....

Can't tell yet if we should be nervous about working together this closely, but it seems like it should be okay.

Love you.

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers