Wednesday, March 3, 2010

a young soul in a very strange world

I told you before that there would be more photos from the House of Style chairty swimwear calendar for Wounded Warriors, right? I know I did. As a matter of fact, I did so here  in case you think I'm lying. Well, the second photographer has sent some images through the pipeline you might be interested in.


photos: Don Claussen
MUA: Ms. Kas
Hair: Courtney Crigger
for House of Style TN
These are just a few, but like I said before, I shot in this look with 4 different photographers, so I'll not weigh you down with too many repetitively themed photos (although I know you love it).

in other news:
Lots of opportunities have presented themselves to me, recently. I've been half-assedly looking for a grad school, and I thought I was sold on one way, way on Canada's west coast, but there's a possibility I might stay in Nashville and do the 2 semesters it will take to get my Master's of Arts from Vanderbilt. 
There are a few reasons for this:
  1. For those of you who know me, you know I have a little sister who is my best friend in the world. You might also know she has Cerebral Palsy and can't walk or talk. She wasn't supposed to live past 3, but she showed them, because she's newly 22. We found out 2 weeks ago that she also has a heart murmur. That wasn't terrible news, because I have a murmur too and I'm mostly okay, but then last week, after an ultrasound and tests and trips to the Doc's office, we found out she apparently has "severe aortic stenosis" which is not a good thing. If you're the praying type, her name is Kristiana (Kris-Tee-Ohn-Uh). If you're not the praying type, that's still her name. **No one expects anything to happen, but it's something new we have to watch out for and it does heighten the possibility of something happening.
  2. I'm starting to feel like maybe I don't need to run away so bad right now. I've never hated living here, and I've lived here a really long time. Another year won't kill me. I used to
  3. It's more financially sound to wait one more year and then move BECAUSE I'm working steadily and paying bills as a model in Nashville. Not a lot of models around here can say that. Most everyone else has to have some other job, but I've apparently found a market that embraces my "look" and that's not going to come easy anywhere. It didn't even come easily here, but I'm finally at that point (after 9 years working as a model, already).
  4. I have a problem with homesickness. It's not so much about missing being home, but I do miss people horribly when I'm on the road, which is becoming increasingly frequent, as it stands. One week and I start to text people in the middle of the night about how much I miss and love them. It sounds sweet, but most of my friends are very much Dude kinda guys, so they don't think it's as sweet as it is. I have a really cool and hip family, too. I don't think I'll be able to find four other people who are obligated to love me anywhere else and I think that's the right number.
what else?
I just found out I'll be walking at the Southern Women's Show for Margaret May Designs and for her again on down the road. This is great! I love this, because her designs are KILLER and I am craving the runway like it's that rock. You know the one. 

Speaking of the Southern Women's Show... during this time, I'm going to be attending casting for other designers including Jonathan Kayne Gillaspie from Project Runway. In case you didn't know, he's one of ours, too. He's actually from Hendersonville. If you know what that means, you'll know why I find it significant. 

Not just that, they're choosing the new face of Spell Cosmetics then, too. 
Wish me luck, eh?

I'm also in the running to shoot a campaign with Penguin in NYC and will find out how that goes at the end of the month. Later on, if I continue to advance, I'll be soliciting your votes, so be prepared for that.

Oh, and my bottom right wisdom tooth has started to grow in again. I have room in my mouth for my wisdom teeth, which I know, is rare. I only have them on the bottom, anyway. The point is, they started growing in when I was 14. I'm 23 now, in case you didn't know. 


And it sucks.

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers