Thursday, April 22, 2010

a bone to pick

Now, I love a good music & fashion festival as much as the next guy, but I've got a bone to pick with my colleagues and peers here in Nashville during this year's Naked Without Us Festival. Last night, there were festivities to take place at everyone's favorite Exit/In with a lot of exciting things on the schedule of events including a performance of Armed Forces, a pretty good local powerpop-type rock band.

Now, before I say anything else, I've got to point out that I really do like all these people. I don't know everyone personally, but everyone involved in this little tiff seems pretty cool on a day-to-day. I dig the band. I completely get what they were doing with their set (which was very experimental and very rock and roll...you know) and I really like and appreciate all the NWU staff and coordinators. They've been great people to work with in the past and I really can say I've never had even one bad experience with anyone, so I think it's fair to call me impartial.

First, read this Nashville Cream article in The Nashville Scene about the band (Armed Forces) getting booted from the stage (and the venue) 3 songs into their 5 song set.

The thing is, after the initial drama and after Chancellor Warhol (of the N.O.B.O.T.S) took the stage to finish the set, everything seems to have kept escalating and all of a sudden, we're calling each other names on Twitter.

Now, here's the thing. This whole thing is totally he-said/she-said. Completely. Everyone who was there has a different version of what happened and I'm sure they all have some version of true events

BUT GET OVER IT AND LET'S MOVE ON TO ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT OF MUSIC AND FASHION!

Don't bitch about the festival, don't bitch about the band, don't bitch about the fashion scene or the music scene, don't bitch about what happened. Get over it, make your clothes or your music and go on about your day. And quit trying to get me to take some kind of stand, because this is NOT my deal. I love you guys, but my opinion of said events is irrelevant.

Because some of us aren't into this high school shit.
and none of us are in high school anymore.

What happened to "All You Need Is Love?"

Now that I'm done scolding. That shit was crazy. Right?!?

No comments:

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers