Monday, April 5, 2010

danse macabre

As many of you know, I have been working for the last couple of months on various projects, stretching from fashion to writing to documentary filmmaking. It's not because I have some false sense of faith in my abilities in any of these mediums, but because I have a pointed interest in them. All of these endeavors could actually prove to be a complete bust, but I am working to do everything in my power to avoid that being the case. Plus, I've been promising my friends and family that if I get rich and famous, we'll all be on easy street and I don't want to let them down. We've watched too many episodes of Entourage together. Talk about expectations.
This photo book project has been a labor of love, for sure. I shot this last weekend for it with Bruce Yonce, one of our contributing photographers for the project. It was a duo shoot with Danielle Dobbs, who is a gorgeous fellow Nashville model. Obviously, there was a HUGE focus on legs. I also got to play around with this incredible print top from Pure Energy, which is actually a plus size 3, turned dress-type thing for the purpose of this shoot. My shoes are suede and from Nine West, because if I'm going to talk about the top, I have to talk about the shoes, right? I don't know about Danielle's LBD because I forgot to ask, but the shape works amazingly with her build.
Our MUA for the shoot was Ms. Kas, who I've had the pleasure of working with in the past for House of Style. I also took my future sister-in-law along because she's awesome. Plus, I'm trying to work on meshing the compartments of my life together a little better. My biggest problem, I think, is that I compartmentalize.

I tend to use different aspects of myself/the people in my life as figurative vacations from other aspects of myself/people in my life. I don't know why this is, but I've always done this. I tend to keep things very defined and I don't know why that is. I don't want for the first time my closest friends meet each other to be at my wedding or my funeral, though. That would be such a drag, considering they'd probably get on so well.

I have some really strange defense mechanisms, but I've been burned before.

Anyway, this week:

Wed:  Casting for the Southern Women's Show (including with Jonathan Kayne from Project Runway)
Thurs: Margaret May Show, 2pm. Bridgestone Arena during the Southern Women's Show
Fri-Sat: shows for the Southern Women's Show TBA


Then, I get a little break for a few days, then it's back to the grind with another 12-day week to follow. Luckily, I'll be getting to travel a little, so time will fly.  

And I need someone to go thrift shopping with me on Sunday. I want to hit up as many places as time/budget will allow. I'm inspired to do some of the styling for the Nashville Look Book myself, since it's fun and I like it almost as much as actually being in the photos.

1 comment:

J.e.Raley said...

you KNOW i'll thrift with you any day darling <3

Formspring.me

curious?

My photo
Model citizen. Badass.

Followers

Networked Blog Followers